Due to the growing popularity of cryptocurrency, various exchange platforms have also emerged to cater to users who are looking for safe and secured sites to purchase their coins. One of the preeminent exchange platforms that are popularly used today is Gemini.
By providing ‘Security, Liquidity, and Trust’, Gemini aims to provide its users with streamlined trading of different cryptocurrencies. Get to know more about this popular crypto exchange right here at BTC Post!
Gemini exchange: What’s it all about?
Gemini was founded in 2014 in New York City by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss. It is a cryptocurrency trading platform where users can buy, sell, trade and store digital currencies.
The first two cryptocurrencies that the platform offered were Bitcoin (BTC) and Ether (ETH) since the exchange was initially made to those who want to buy and trade the two biggest cryptocurrencies. Gemini’s list eventually expanded and now offers more than 30 cryptocurrencies including Cardano (ADA), Dogecoin (DOGE), Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and more.
According to CoinMarketCap, Gemini is one of the top 15 crypto exchanges in terms of trading volume. Additionally, compared to its counterparts, Gemini operates in 50 US states and in more than 50 countries all over the globe, making them one of the most accessible exchanges in the industry.
The exchange aligns itself with financial institutions, boasting a wide range of products for both small investors and advanced traders alike such as charting and instant trades. Additionally, Gemini prides itself on being the first US-based exchange to be licensed for trading Bitcoin and Ether.
Features to look forward to
Gemini has various features that make it stand out from the rest. Although there’s a lot of competition in the market, it still remains one of the most preeminent exchanges to this day. Find out why Gemini is the go-to crypto exchange for hundreds of users below:
Gemini offers a chance for multiple users within an organization to manage and access one Gemini account. Administrators of the account can give access to each user and customise their access level based on their role in the account.
One of the first questions that come to the mind of traders is if an exchange is safe and secured. Gemini proves that it’s an exchange to be trusted with its multi-tiered security measure that includes:
- Two Factor Authentication – 2FA ensures no other person than the owner can get into an account. The one-time authentication code will be sent through SMS or Google Authenticator every time you try to log into your account.
- Whitelisting approved addresses – This feature ensures that your cryptocurrencies can only be sent to known addresses.
- Role management in multi-user accounts – Gemini allows each account to modify each member’s access and trading permissions. This encourages better management in an account with multiple members.
- Device management – In Gemini, you can review the devices where you have accessed your account. You can easily remove any that you don’t recognize or haven’t used in a while to restrict access to your account.
- Insurance policy – Gemini ensures the safety of its users’ digital assets by allowing them to be reimbursed in case of security breaches.
Before, the majority of crypto exchanges can only be accessed on desktop browsers. But now, users can easily access exchanges and open their account with just a tap. The Gemini mobile app became available in 2018, offering the same features found on the desktop version.
Gemini allows users and traders to store their cryptocurrency safely in the Gemini hot and cold wallets. The exchange boasts of strict security protocols that ensure the security of its wallets. Additionally, the Gemini wallet has never had any issue with hacking and security breaches, proving that it’s safe to use and store cryptocurrencies.
Ease of use
Gemini’s platform has a user-friendly and simple interface that allows even beginners to start trading instantly without any hassle.
Additionally, Gemini’s impressive customer service is there to assist users with any issue they encounter with the platform. The website has an up-to-date FAQ section and blogs where you can find the answers to your questions.
If there are unresolved concerns, Gemini has a person-to-person customer support where you can receive assistance within a few business hours in American time.
How to create an account in Gemini
Start buying and selling cryptocurrencies when you register on Gemini! It’s easy to create an account with Gemini because there is no difficult authentication process that you have to go through.
Here’s how you can create an account:
- Visit Gemini’s website and click on ‘Get Started’ located at the top right side of the page. Once you’re transferred to another page, provide the following information:
- Given name
- Middle name
- Family name
- Email address
- Password. Keep in mind that the password should be 8 or more characters and includes a symbol, number and uppercase letters.
- Provide your phone number and wait for the authentication code that will be sent to you to verify your account
- You can also link your phone number to receive codes and log into your account easier
- Next, link your bank account to your Gemini account so you can easily deposit money. You just need to provide some documents such as the photo ID and proof of address.
Begin trading in Gemini!
Now that you have an account with Gemini, you can start trading any cryptocurrency you want. Discover more of what Gemini can offer when you venture into the world of crypto trading. Access the exchange 24/7 and have a smooth and secured trading experience!
Bitcoin (BTC) $ 43,907.00 0.04%
Ethereum (ETH) $ 2,350.94 0.67%
Tether (USDT) $ 0.999923 0.07%
BNB (BNB) $ 239.70 1.8%
XRP (XRP) $ 0.675983 3.34%
Solana (SOL) $ 75.56 3.8%
USDC (USDC) $ 1.00 0.06%
Lido Staked Ether (STETH) $ 2,350.19 0.4%
Cardano (ADA) $ 0.607300 14.47%
Dogecoin (DOGE) $ 0.100254 1.68%
Expand your knowledge and invest in the cryptocurrency industry.